Wednesday 8 July 2009

A strange twelve months

Its a long time since I last posted to my blog, such a lot has happened to us in that time which has made me realise how precious our time is.
We started 2008 with high hopes for the coming year, a new grandchil was on its way and everything seemed to be going well in our world.
We had lots of new chicks which are in the pictures, we were well and enjoying life.
At the begining of May, a neighbour decided to complain about our fox deterant in our field were are chickens lived, and he did this by shouting at us which was very upsetting for us and for my elderly mother. Three days later my mum had a stroke and passed away. Then as we had removed the fox deterant to keep our neighbour happy ( a real towny) all our chickens were killed by the fox. By the end of June I was living in a daze, a bit of happiness came when we became grandparents again, swiftly followed by our cat being run over and killed.
When September came we could see that there were signs of recession and so I tried to get a job as our money was not going as far as it was. lots of interviews, second intyerviews, but by now we were in recession and I still feel that my age was not helping. In the end, we could no longer afford the petrol to keep going for interviews.
By November our little cottage started to need major work, which the landlords agents new about but did nothing. Very depressing.
Christmas 2008 and the ceiling fell in in one bedroom. We had had enough.

January 2009 and we were looking in earnest for a new home nearer our family. It was not easy as we had horses, dogs, cats and four chickens to move.

Fate played our hand and we found a farm in February where we could put our horses, and were also offered a cottage. We jumped at this and moved in in March

The last few months have been about sorting out, but now we are in July and I shall be updating my blog on a regular basis

No comments: